Join Chris Reilly for an in-depth discussion in this video Applying materials, part of Rhino for Mac Essential Training.
- [Narrator] Okay, we've got our three point lighting…set up all fleshed out and we're almost ready…to start adding some materials to our 3D objects.…So that's things like colors, patterns, textures…that we apply to those objects…to help them make more realistic for our rendering.…So to get started I'm using…the exercise file 0702materials.3dm.…You might notice that even though we're still…using a three point light set up,…so I've got my directional light, which is my key light,…I've got my rectangular light which is my fill light.…And I've got my spotlight for the highlights.…
Even though we're still using that same basic structure,…things have changed just a little bit,…so I've moved things around just a tiny bit…from the last video.…And that's totally normal and totally fine.…Remember our goal in that video…was to get the lighting set up, you know,…maybe 75 percent set.…It's very very common that you'll come back to a file…after working on it for a while,…take a look at the lighting, and say oh,…I need to change X or I need to change Y.…
- Installing Rhino for Mac
- Preparing a design
- Modeling metal parts
- Importing models
- Modeling parametrically with Grasshopper
- Extruding objects
- Modeling curves, surfaces, and solids
- Creating diagrams, 2D drawings, and layouts
- Preparing for fabrication: cutting and 3D printing
Skill Level Beginner
Rendering Fundamentals with Rhino and V-Raywith Dave Schultze2h 46m Appropriate for all
Up and Running with Rhino for Macwith Chris Reilly7h 25m Beginner
Sketching for Product Design and AECwith Kevin Henry3h 45m Intermediate
Introducing Rhino for Mac
1. Setting Up Rhino
Uninstalling Rhino2m 34s
2. Design Overview
3. Modeling a Musical Instrument
4. Modeling Parametrically with Grasshopper
5. Creating Measured Drawings and Layouts
7. Preparing for Digital Fabrication
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.