Join Chris Reilly for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding dimensions, part of Rhino for Mac Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Narrator] All right we've made all…of our two dimensional drawings…and at this point we need…to go ahead and start adding dimensions…for all the key design components…so those include things like radius…and length and width of all of our parts.…In the Layers panel I'm going to hide…this exploded view for now…since we're just focusing…on what's in the Make 2D layer.…And within that we kind of have two columns here…so we have this one on the right…and that's mostly focusing…on the assembly of our musical instruments…so I'm not really going to add measurements to that.…
We're going to use those drawings…for reference in terms of how the parts…all come together and what…the finished instrument looks like…but we don't really need measurements,…those will come more on the left hand column…where we show the individual pieces.…So we have the base,…the top, the keys and the frets.…So here is where we'll add our dimensions…and we'll use that as we work towards…making a layout which is a nice concise drawing…showing all of the key measurements…
- Installing Rhino for Mac
- Preparing a design
- Modeling metal parts
- Importing models
- Modeling parametrically with Grasshopper
- Extruding objects
- Modeling curves, surfaces, and solids
- Creating diagrams, 2D drawings, and layouts
- Preparing for fabrication: cutting and 3D printing
Skill Level Beginner
Rendering Fundamentals with Rhino and V-Raywith Dave Schultze2h 46m Appropriate for all
Up and Running with Rhino for Macwith Chris Reilly7h 25m Beginner
Sketching for Product Design and AECwith Kevin Henry3h 45m Intermediate
Introducing Rhino for Mac
1. Setting Up Rhino
Uninstalling Rhino2m 34s
2. Design Overview
3. Modeling a Musical Instrument
4. Modeling Parametrically with Grasshopper
5. Creating Measured Drawings and Layouts
7. Preparing for Digital Fabrication
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.