Learn how to extend Grasshopper by downloading and installing plugins and add-ons. Install GHPython, a cross-platform scripting plugin for both Mac and Windows versions of Grasshopper and Rhino.
- [Narrator] One of the best things about the way…that Grasshopper is built is how easy it is…to add extensions and additional abilities…beyond what it can already do straight out of the box.…So one great place to look for plugins and add-ons…to Grasshopper is the food4Rhino website.…We're here right now.…I'm using the browse feature to just sort…for Grasshopper platform add-ons and plugins.…As you can see, there's all sorts of stuff here.…So there's things for doing version control,…physics simulations,…parametric generation of structural analysis,…on, and on, and on.…
All these different things that we could add…to do really specialized, really sophisticated…techniques in Grasshopper.…One plugin that we'll actually use later on in this course…is called GhPython.…And that gives Rhino the ability to…read and execute Python scripts.…This is really cool because it's cross-platform.…So we could use this in the Mac version of Rhino.…We could use this in the Windows version of Rhino.…And once you know that scripting language a little bit,…
By the end of the course, you'll see how even basic literacy in Grasshopper can be applied to developing projects for art, manufacturing, architecture, and design.
- Working with algorithms
- Modeling a base profile
- Extruding elements
- Finishing an algorithm
- Planning for mass production
- Customizing Grasshopper
- Scripting with Python and Visual Basic .NET
- Modeling data with Ladybug
- Creating a tiling grid
- Tiling 3D objects
- Using reflection symmetry and mirroring to repeat tile
- Tessellating tile in any direction
Skill Level Beginner
1. Algorithmic Thinking
2. Modeling a Musical Instrument
3. Customizing Grasshopper
4. Modeling Climate Data with Ladybug
5. Tiling and Tessalation
6. Simulation and Form-Finding with Kangaroo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.