In this video, start the final part of this course by examing a sample study in Dynamo which is later used for a study in Revit. Learning about different use cases for GD can provide fresh ideas for your GD graphs.
- [Instructor] Now that we are familiar … with the key generative design processes … and nodes within Dynamo, … let's take a closer look … at a typical generative design workflow. … When designing a script in Dynamo for generative design, … there is a typical workflow that we can follow … to guide us in the process. … This workflow starts with retrieving data or inputs, … followed by the generators, then evaluators, … and finally, developing the outputs of the script. … In this section of the course, … we'll go through a sample study focusing on each of these … parts of the script to learn the function of each section. … This will help to formulate and develop … your own generative design scripts. … The generative design exercise that we will study … is a simple optimization exercise … aimed at maximizing the amount of window openings … that can be placed along a selected wall. … The input part of of the script will be retrieving … the data of the wall, … including its geometry and location line, …
- What is generative design?
- Loading and running a generative design study in Revit
- Reviewing outcomes
- Refining variables
- Generating studies in Dynamo
- Specifying inputs and outputs
- Exporting studies
- Importing Dynamo-generated studies into Revit