Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video In-place families, part of Revit: Architectural Families.
- [Voiceover] Up to this point,…We've made some pretty cool profiles.…But the problem is…we've swept them down the length of entire walls.…In reality,…Generally you're going to have room by room…where some of these profiles are in…and some of them are not.…What means that, we need the ability…to sweep them down walls.…But not the entire wall.…Just in a room.…That's where the in place families comes in handy.…We've already done the hard work by creating the profiles.…Now we just need to lay them in room by room.…Let's get started by just going to a new project.…Under projects let's go to architectural template right here.…
All right. Now I just want to draw some simple walls.…On the architecture tab, let's click the wall button.…I'm just going to start drawing some walls.…Let me put a couple little corners in there.…A couple little bump outs.…Something to kind of make it realistic.…Come back and maybe just tie it off there.…What I'm going to do though is…I'm going to pull some of these walls down…just to simulate the fact that…
Author Eric Wing shows how to model families that help you build exactly what you need for your drawings. Eric investigates profiles such as chair rails, baseboards, doors, cabinets, and shelving, as well as adaptive components. Along the way, he introduces the reference planes, parameters, and formulas necessary to build architectural families on your own.
NOTE: The exercise files included in this course are compatible with Revit 2017 only. We will add 2016-compatible files soon.
- Working with family parameters
- Creating a standard cover
- Creating chair rails, baseboards, and crown moulding profiles
- Working with in-place families
- Creating doors and hardware
- Creating wall cabinets
- Creating interior shelving
- Linking family parameters
- Creating parametric arrays
- Creating massing
- Building adaptive components
Skill Level Intermediate
Revit Architecture: Advanced Modelingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 16m Intermediate
3. Wall Cabinets
4. Interior Shelving
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.