Outputs allow you to send information back to the user and score different GD options. In this video, learn how output can be added to your Dynamo to complete the GD process.
- [Instructor] The final section … of any generative design script is the outputs. … This is where we can indicate data … to score each option, … data that we want to send back to Revit … and geometry that will be shown with each design. … So in this lesson, let's create those outputs. … I currently have the Revit and dynamo exercise files … open for this lesson. … Which is where we left off from in the last lesson. … So to begin, … let's start by grouping those evaluated nodes … that we created … and we'll rename that section to evaluate well length. … Perfect. Now let's focus on the output section. … In our case, there'll be four pieces … of data that we'll want to either minimize or maximize. … The first is the overall length … of the windows in relation to the wall. … We're already retrieving this … from within the evaluator section that we did … in the last lesson, from this subtraction node. … At the moment … we can see that it's outputting negative 2,618. … When we optimize this graph, we want to reduce this number. …
- What is generative design?
- Loading and running a generative design study in Revit
- Reviewing outcomes
- Refining variables
- Generating studies in Dynamo
- Specifying inputs and outputs
- Exporting studies
- Importing Dynamo-generated studies into Revit