GD graphs are written in a particular order of segments to make the most of GD, starting with the generator section which is explored in this video.
- [Instructor] The generator section … of a generative design script … is where geometry or elements are created … to form a new potential solution within the study. … So given a set of input data, … the generators will generate something in the model, … which can then be evaluated. … I currently have the Revit and Dynamo exercise files open … for this lesson, … which is where we left off from in the last lesson. … The only thing I've updated in our Dynamo file … is I've renamed these sections … so that they're a little bit more descriptive. … We currently have a wall and some window data, … along with two input sliders. … Let's use these to create two generators. … The first will generate points along the wall, … which indicates the location … that will place windows. … The second will generate window volumes at these point … to evaluate the size of the windows. … I've already got the bones of this second generator … with the script under this Generators section. … We will need to update some of the inputs, however. …
- What is generative design?
- Loading and running a generative design study in Revit
- Reviewing outcomes
- Refining variables
- Generating studies in Dynamo
- Specifying inputs and outputs
- Exporting studies
- Importing Dynamo-generated studies into Revit