The Evaluator segment of the sample GD graph is used to evaluate results from each GD iteration that is explored in this video.
- [Instructor] We now have the window locations … and base geometry generated … within our dynamo script from the inputs provided. … Now let's take a look at the evaluator section … of the script. … Which is where we will provide the methods … for the study to determine whether one generated option … is better or worse than another. … I currently have the exercise files open for this lesson. … Which is where we left off from in the last lesson. … So let's start by grouping the Curve.Points … at eco segment length node, … to indicate that it is a type of generator. … Next let's look at the evaluator section … underneath this evaluators title. … There are two main metrics that we'll need to evaluate … for each option generated. … The first is how much length the windows have occupied … along the wall. … The intent of the study, … is to maximize the amount of window length along the wall. … So we need to compare the total wall length … with the total window length. … The smaller the difference, the closer the windows are …
- What is generative design?
- Loading and running a generative design study in Revit
- Reviewing outcomes
- Refining variables
- Generating studies in Dynamo
- Specifying inputs and outputs
- Exporting studies
- Importing Dynamo-generated studies into Revit