Virtual reality and augmented reality save you time and money if used right. Learn how to reduce rework and get client buy-in faster with less backtracking in this video.
- [Instructor] Let's look at a high-level overview…of how immersive tech improves the architecture industry.…The positive impact of these 3D interfaces on practice…stems from a more intuitive engagement with the design.…Translating a design idea from a three-dimensional concept…into a 2D drawing is slow and prone to translation error.…Then mentally translating that drawing…back into a 3D concept exacerbates the problem.…The first cost saving let's discuss in in decision-making.…When using virtual reality,…decisions take less time to make,…and those decisions are less likely to be changed later.…
While design is necessarily an iterative process,…a lot of money is spent going back and forth…over key decisions in the project and producing content…to communicate the design to the decision-makers.…I've seen firms spend many thousands of dollars…creating drawings, renderings, and even physical mock-ups…in an attempt to communicate the design options.…And then the problem was solved in minutes…once the decision-makers saw the design in VR.…
- Why model for VR in Revit?
- When to use VR and AR
- How to use your Revit model with VR and AR
- Making the most of Enscape
- Using IrisVR Prospect for multiuser virtualization
- Simple 3D shortcuts
- Efficiently applying materials to Revit projects
- Using RPC components in Revit
- VR modeling for Revit
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 2017: Architectural Visualizationwith Scott Onstott2h 21m Intermediate
1. Why Model for VR in Revit?
2. How to Use Your Revit Model with VR and AR
3. Simple 3D Shortcuts for SD
4. Material Library and Editing
5. Higher LOD VR-Ready Modeling
6. VR Modeling for Revit
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.