Selecting elements is a basic skill required to be successful in Revit.…Most modifications you perform in Revit rely on a selection of elements in the…model and a basic understanding of how to manipulate those elements in the Revit environment.…In this movie, we'll take a high-level look at some of these critical skills.…So I'm in a file here called Condo Unit.…Now if you look at the status bar, at the very bottom of my screen with…nothing selected, you have already got some clues as to how we can make…selections in Revit.…The message currently says, Click to select, TAB for alternates, CTRL adds,…and SHIFT unselects.…
So I'd like to start with those methods right there, because those are really…the most basic ways that we can make selections.…Click to select is pretty obvious.…You just simply put your mouse on an object, and click on it and you have a selection.…You get some nice feedback on screen, the object will typically highlight…in this bluish color.…Now you can modify these colors if you like and we'll be talking about some of…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.