The architect's role within BIM can become confusing when there are so many forceful voices at the table. This section reviews how industry groups have couched the architect's role as a leader and provides strategies for maintaining that leadership.
- [Instructor] The role of the architect … as the great coordinator remains the same, … but when discussing BIM, … the roles and responsibilities … are more specific to the modeling. … Initially, the architect should establish a kickoff meeting … to begin the BIM conversation and identify the team. … At that meeting, roles and responsibilities should be … discussed and reviewed. … The National BIM Guide for Owners … defines three roles in BIM. … The owner's BIM representative, … the project BIM manager role, … and the discipline trade leads. … The architect can step into any … one of these roles effectively. … And because of this, discussing those roles … and responsibilities at the beginning … of a project is imperative to success. … The owner's BIM representative represents … the owner's interest in the process … by providing quality control reviews to ensure … the process is occurring according … to the owner's facility standards. … The project BIM managers consist … of a contractor's BIM manager, …
- Comparing BIM and Revit
- The facility life cycle
- Lean BIM Execution Plans
- Deliverables and linking strategies
- Model control strategies
- Model requirements
- Design reviews
- Scope, schedule, and budget
- Streamlining the process
- Project phases
- Lean design coordination meeting
- Preventing retro-BIMing
Skill Level Beginner
BIM Manager: Managing CAD Standardswith Eric Wing55m 33s Intermediate
Introduction - The Architect's Lean BIM Execution Plan
1. BIM in the Design Phase
2. Digital Excellence and Intentionality
3. Modeling Requirements
4. Coordination and Deliverables
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.