Building upon the clarifications of the differences of the definitions, this course dives into the architect's specific challenges during the design phase while implementing BIM. Some proposed solutions are introduced.
- [Narrator] The design phase carries with it … unique challenges, that the BIM execution plan … must attend to. … The challenge to designers, … especially architectural designers, … is that ideas and concepts must be etched out of the ether. … Architects must be masters of change management. … They must develop a design, integrate client wishes, … balance 3D coordination with drawing production, … and create a code-compliant design. … Digital tools can be either incredibly beneficial, … or detrimental, to the required flexibility of the process. … If the tool prevents the creative mind … from moving as quickly as is needed to explore concepts, … that tool can be set aside quite quickly. … But if a tool provides a stronger ability to conceive, … and see a potential design opportunity, … then that tool will be quickly accepted. … During design, many different tools are used. … There are three-dimensional modeling tools, … such as SketchUp, FormIt, Rhino, or Revit, … but there are also collaboration tools …
- Comparing BIM and Revit
- The facility life cycle
- Lean BIM Execution Plans
- Deliverables and linking strategies
- Model control strategies
- Model requirements
- Design reviews
- Scope, schedule, and budget
- Streamlining the process
- Project phases
- Lean design coordination meeting
- Preventing retro-BIMing
Skill Level Beginner
BIM Manager: Managing CAD Standardswith Eric Wing55m 33s Intermediate
Introduction - The Architect's Lean BIM Execution Plan
1. BIM in the Design Phase
2. Digital Excellence and Intentionality
3. Modeling Requirements
4. Coordination and Deliverables
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.