There are many instances when you'll have a need to control the way things display onscreen. …In the previous movie we looked at the Object Styles command, which allowed us to change …global settings like the line weight, or we could change actually the color or the Line …styles in that dialog as well, but surprisingly, we can't use that method to actually hide …and show objects. …Now there are plenty of times when you might actually just want to hide something. Maybe …I need to show a furniture plan and that's going to show one set of objects, and then …I need to show a separate power or equipment plan and it's going to show some different objects.…
So to turn things on and off, I actually have to use a different method, and so in this movie …we're going to look at the Visibility Graphic Overrides feature. And this is a view-specific modification, …so any changes I make here won't be global. …They will actually apply only to the view that I am in. And I'm in a file here called …Visibility/Graphics, and I'm looking at Level 1 floor plan. …
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.