Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with text, part of Revit 2017: Essential Training for MEP (Metric).
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] Now, we can do stuff like add text,…so, I'm going to add some text.…What's nice about 2017…is we have a brand new text editor.…Oh, it's been a long time coming.…So I'm going to click my Text button,…and for my text, I'm going to use my 2.5mm Arial.…Now, what I want to do is, I want it to be a Leader.…it can be a Straight Leader,…or it can be an arch Two Segment Leader.…I'm going to click on my Two Segment Leader,…I'm going to click right here,…I'm going to come down…pick a point here.…
Now, I'm going to click on my cap locks,…I'm going to say, VERIFY INSULATION.…Notice that if I hold down my wheel button,…I can pan in and out.…If you're an AutoCAD user,…you don't care about this…but if you've been using Revit for a while,…you could never do this.…I'm going to click off of this text note,…then it's dedicated to my drawing.…Now if I select VERIFY INSULATION,…and I click into it,…this whole new editor is brand new in 2017.…
Awesome.…I can set my justification, I can have bulleted notes,…I can change my case,…
- Fire protection
- General MEP workflows and trade coordination
You can dive into a specific trade, or take the entire course to learn about all aspects of the vast Revit MEP ecosystem. Upon completion, you'll know how to create basic floor plans, design electric circuits and lighting systems, model air intake and exhaust systems, create plumbing plans, and design fire alarm and sprinkler systems, and document your designs for construction and fabrication.
- Touring the Revit interface
- Linking to other models
- Creating floor plans
- Adding electrical panels, circuits, lighting, switches, conduit, and cables
- Creating a mechanical project
- Adding air terminals and ducting
- Sizing and tagging ducts
- Creating a plumbing view
- Adding supply piping and sanitary piping
- Creating fire protection fire alarm systems
- Adding sprinklers
- Importing CAD models in Revit 2017
- Working with text and dimensions
- Modeling fabrication parts
Skill Level Beginner
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 57m Appropriate for all
Fire-Alarm Systems Design with Revitwith Eric Wing1h 22m Intermediate
1. Starting a Revit Project
2. Revit Electrical
3. Revit Mechanical
4. Revit Plumbing
5. Revit Fire Protection
6. Revit Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.