Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with stairs, part of Revit Architecture 2013 Essential Training.
In this movie we're going to look at stairs.…Stairs come in two varieties here in 2013, we have a component-based stair which…is brand-new and we have the traditional sketch-based stair.…The component-based stair can be considered a little bit more advanced and it's…out of the scope of what we'll be covering here in the Revit Essentials course.…So in this movie, I'm going to focus on the traditional sketch-based stair.…I'm in a file here called Sketch Stairs, and I'm in the Level 2 Floor Plan.…And I'm going to work down in the lobby in the lower portion of the plan, so…I'm going to zoom in right here on this area of the plan right here, and it's labeled Stair A.…
Now if we go to the Architecture Tab, we'll find the Stair tool, and if you…click the little dropdown, you can see the two types that I just mentioned,…Stair by Component and Stair by Sketch.…So in this case, we're going to choose our Stair by Sketch, and that will take me…into our traditional Sketch mode.…There's a few things we want to do before we start clicking points in the stair sketch.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.