There is one more way that we can create slope in a roof or even in a floor…slab, and that's using something called a slope arrow.…So I am in a file called Slope Arrows,…and slope arrows are typically used when the slope that you want to define…doesn't run perpendicular to the edge.…So another way to state that is when we used the Slope Defining check box in the…previous movies, it was turning that edge of the sketch into a piano hinge.…So if I select this roof right here and I edit the footprint, if I select one of…these edges and turn on Defines Slope, it's kind of like this is a hinge.…
But, I am going to turn that off.…What if the slope doesn't run perpendicular to that edge?…It doesn't hinge on that edge, it runs at another angle.…That's really where a slope arrow can be a very handy thing.…With the slope arrow, you just simply draw this arrow and the arrow has two points;…it's got a low point and a high point.…And you define what those points are and then the slope of the roof will…follow along that arrow.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.