Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with reporting parameters, part of Revit Architecture: Advanced Modeling.
So the designers have put in all this effort into building these custom curtain…panels and skinning the building and spending a lot of time stitching the edges,…and at some point we probably want to know, well, just how many of these panels…do we really have, so that we can start doing cost estimates or other kind of quantity take-offs.…In this movie, we're going to look at reporting parameters.…reporting parameters are simply a parameter that instead of driving geometry and…making the geometry change, it actually just reports on what it finds there and…gives us back the value.…If you set up the reporting parameters correctly, we can see them in schedules,…which means we can very quickly pull out a quantity take-off of everything…we've got in our model.…
So I have a completed version of our Curtain panels here. It's called Reporting.…If you zoom in a little bit, you can see that this one is finalized. All the…edges have been stitched in nicely, and we have got our partial panels and our full panels.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Understanding some different approaches to modeling
- Building an in-place mass
- Creating and manipulating massing forms
- Using X-Ray and Dissolve
- Performing an energy analysis
- Applying geometry to surfaces
- Configuring divided surfaces
- Nesting massing families
- Stitching borders with adaptive components
- Working with lofting techniques
- Adding dormers and soffits
- Choosing a wall modeling strategy
- Working with curtain walls
- Building custom stairs
- Creating a custom material
Skill Level Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 40m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the Massing Environment
2. Using Massing to Design Building Forms
3. Rationalizing Massing Forms
4. Using Massing to Create Unique Forms
5. Refining Building Maker Elements
6. Choosing Wall Modeling Strategies
7. Working with Curtain Walls
8. Applying Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.