Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with placeholder sheets, part of Revit Architecture 2013 Essential Training.
There's more than one approach to adding sheets. …You can wait until you have several views drawn and then add the sheets as you need them, perhaps …in preparation for a printing deadline that you have, …or you can pre-plan and set up a sheet index ahead of time and build a series of empty …sheets that are ready to receive views as they become available. Or you could really …do any combination of those things. …So in this movie I would like to look at the Placeholder Sheets feature. …This is a feature that allows us to build a bunch of stand-in sheets, pre-number them, …pre-name them, and get them ready to go so that when folks on the project team are ready …to add sheets, they can just choose one of the placeholders, and it saves them a few steps.…
So I'm in a file called Placeholder Sheets, and I am looking at a Sheet List. …Now, in the previous movie we talked about how to create a sheet list, so you can look …there if you want to get the specific steps. …But a sheet list is nothing more than a schedule that lists out your sheets, and as you can see, it's empty. …
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.