Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with dimensions, part of Revit 2017 Essential Training: MEP (Metric).
- [Voiceover] Sometimes we have to dimension things.…Let's do it.…I'm gonna jump to my Mechanical Project 12 Complete, and I'm…gonna scroll down until I find Level 1 Callout 1.…And I'm gonna double-click on that.…Now, I'm gonna come in here.…And I want to dimension this VAV of the inside face…of that wall just to make sure it's in the right spot.…So, what I'm gonna do is click on my Annotate tab.…And I'm gonna click on my Align Dimension.…This is gonna be your go-to dimension.…So, I'm gonna click Aligned.…Now, when I hover over my wall, it wants to find…the Wall Centerline.…
That's 'cause we have it set for Wall Centerline.…What I want to do is click the drop-down, and I want to…select Wall Faces.…I'm gonna select the inside face of my wall.…And I'm gonna select the inside face of my VAV.…I'm gonna put a spot right here, and I'm gonna hit Escape…a couple times.…Now, what I want to do is I want to put Minimum in here.…So, I'm gonna select my dimension.…I'm gonna click on 686.…Notice that I can override some stuff.…
- Fire protection
- General MEP workflows and trade coordination
You can dive into a specific trade, or take the entire course to learn about all aspects of the vast Revit MEP ecosystem. Upon completion, you'll know how to create basic floor plans, design electric circuits and lighting systems, model air intake and exhaust systems, create plumbing plans, and design fire alarm and sprinkler systems, and document your designs for construction and fabrication.
- Touring the Revit interface
- Linking to other models
- Creating floor plans
- Adding electrical panels, circuits, lighting, switches, conduit, and cables
- Creating a mechanical project
- Adding air terminals and ducting
- Sizing and tagging ducts
- Creating a plumbing view
- Adding supply piping and sanitary piping
- Creating fire protection fire alarm systems
- Adding sprinklers
- Importing CAD models in Revit 2017
- Working with text and dimensions
- Modeling fabrication parts
Skill Level Beginner
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin11h 29m Appropriate for all
1. Starting a Revit Project
2. Revit Electrical
3. Revit Mechanical
4. Revit Plumbing
5. Revit Fire Protection
6. Revit Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.