Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with ceilings, part of Revit Architecture 2013 Essential Training.
Ceiling elements are similar to floors. They are horizontal planes set at a…certain height above the finished floor and can include layers of material…in the construction.…You can choose from common types like 2x4 grid, or drywall ceiling, or…even create your own.…The fastest way to create a ceiling is to use the Auto Ceiling option. This tool…automatically creates a ceiling from the walls that enclose the space.…In cases where you don't have walls or where the ceiling shape is irregular, you…can sketch the ceiling using many of the familiar sketch-based tools.…So I'm in a file here called Ceilings and I'm in the Level 1 Floor Plan view.…
And the first thing I want to talk about is a common mistake that we've all made…when we first used ceilings, and that is, to go to the Architecture tab and go…right to the Ceiling tool, I've got my Automatic Ceiling and click a point and…an error will occur, and that is because I'm still in a floor plan.…Ceilings don't display in a floor plan view, naturally, so I'm going to escape…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.