Although this is not a structural item, it's in the exam. What we are goign to do here is add a 6" concrete roof with 4" of tapered insulation. We will pop it in the model, then we will split up the roof into segments and place potch points and slope the insulation. Remember. Just because this is a roof it doesn't mean you can't do teh same exact thing to a floor.
- [Voiceover] In this video,…what I'd like to do is add a flat roof.…But the flat roof is gonna have pitched insulation.…To get started, let's go to Projects,…let's go to Open,…let's find our model called Roofs,…and let's click Open.…The objective here is to create a roof with a concrete base,…four inches of insulation,…and an EPDM membrane.…Because we're in the Structural Discipline,…chances are roofs aren't shown.…So let's type v + g in our 3D View.…
Let's scroll down 'til we find Roofs,…and make sure that it's turned on.…It's not.…Let's click Apply.…Let's click OK.…Let's go down to our ROOF Level.…Let's type v + g.…Let's scroll down to Roofs…and just make sure it's turned on.…It is turned on, so let's click OK.…Just to make sure we can see it,…let's set our Discipline.…Instead of Structural, let's set it to Coordination,…and click Apply.…The reason I worry about such things is the fact…that this is an architectural feature,…and we're putting it in a structural model.…
Okay, let's get started.…Let's go to the Architecture tab.…
Once you're finished with this course, you can feel confident taking the Revit Structure 2015 Certified Professional exam.
- Creating and modifying levels
- Importing AutoCAD files
- Linking models
- Modeling columns, walls, floors, beam systems, roofs, stairs, and ramps
- Adding and editing text annotations
- Using dimensions
- Creating schedules and standard sheets
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/01/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: collaboration, modeling, and documentation.
Revit 2017 Essential Training: Architecture (Metric)with Paul F. Aubin11h 55m Appropriate for all
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.