Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Cert Prep: Revit Architecture Certified Professional.
- [Instructor] So what should you know before you take this particular course, your Revit Architecture Certified Professional Preparation course? Well, the first thing you should know is that this course is no guarantee that you're going to pass the exam. The onus there is on you to have the knowledge when you walk into that examination room to take the exam and pass the exam. I cannot guarantee that for you. However, the benefits of this course are that we will review, revise and prepare you for the exam by going through the topic areas that are covered in the exam syllabus.
So it's basically a bit of exam technique and a bit of exam preparation that we're going through in this particular course. So what else should you know? Well the one thing that you should know is that the Certiport Revit Architecture Certified Professional Exam is non-version specific. So it's not testing you on the new features of Revit, it's testing you on the functionality of Revit and whether you can drive Revit effectively. So don't worry about whether you're looking at a new feature or not, that's not something you need to worry about in the exam, it's whether you can actually use the product or not.
Now the other thing you should know, just very quickly, is that these particular videos are recorded using Revit 2018.1, which is the latest subscription update at the moment for Revit, and of course Revit Architecture. So in the later versions of Revit, Revit is just all one product, so you've got the architectural, the structure and the MEP functionality built into Revit in full. So you can use any flavor of Revit, just using your regular Revit product.
In this particular course, though, we will be concentrating on Revit architecture, obviously, because it's the Revit Architecture Certified Professional Preparation Exam. In the next video about using the exercise files, I'll explain how to use the Revit project files, and the versioning that goes with them.
Note: The exam objectives are not release specific, but the course has been revised to reflect the most recent version of the software, Revit Architecture 2018.
- What is Autodesk certification?
- Importing DWG and image files
- Using worksharing and worksharing visualization
- Creating and modifying fill regions
- Placing details
- Tagging elements
- Working with family types and parameters
- Modeling different architectural elements
- Creating views
- Organizing and sorting items in a schedule