In this video, discover what GD studies are within Revit. GD studies are the starting point in Revit from which you can learn how to use GD.
- [Instructor] Now that we're up to speed … with what generative design is, … in this section, let's take a closer look … at what studies are and how we can use them in Revit. … A generative design study is basically a specific … generative design process which is accessible from Revit. … When we identify a design challenge or opportunity … to optimize within a Revit project, … a study can be created to take advantage of that. … Therefore, each study is aimed to tackle a specific … design problem to which it is designed for. … We can see all of the available studies … by selecting the Create study … from within the generative design section of the Manage tab. … This pops up a new dialogue … with a list of study types that can be created … and used in any Revit project. … If you're following along in Revit 2021 or later, … you probably have the same number and type … of studies as I have here, … as these are the default studies … provided by the order desk team. … Each of these are suited to a specific problem …
- What is generative design?
- Loading and running a generative design study in Revit
- Reviewing outcomes
- Refining variables
- Generating studies in Dynamo
- Specifying inputs and outputs
- Exporting studies
- Importing Dynamo-generated studies into Revit