This video provides an overview of what needs to be accomplished.
- [Instructor] Underneath section five, BIM uses,…we'll place our BIM goals for the project.…Some of these goals may be using BIM for team collaboration,…using BIM for clash detection,…how we'll use our modeling to model existing conditions…and go through the design process,…how this information will be leverage in construction…through our design documentation…and with the actual construction process itself…by our general contractors and subcontractors.…As well as, will this BIM model be used…by facilities management during the design process,…as well as after construction is completed?…To understand how this information may be leveraged,…we now need to look at each…of these individual categories…and decide what we can do…with our information in each of these categories.…
- Understanding the need for a BIM Execution Plan (BEP)
- Documenting the basic project information
- Specifying project milestones
- Identifying BIM goals and uses
- Determining how BIM will be used in design documentation
- Designing the BIM execution process
- Defining the LOD in the BIM Execution Plan
- Determining the information that needs to be in the model
- Collaboration procedures
- Defining the software to be used
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of the BIM Execution Plan
2. Identify BIM Goals and Uses
3. Designing the BIM Execution Process
What is LOD?3m 28s
4. Collaboration Procedures
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.