Explore the essential content you'll need in a BIM Execution Plan (BEP), and review the process of developing your own BEP.
- [Brian] Hi, my name is Brian Myers. This course introduces you to the essential content you'll need in a BIM execution plan. It also provides you with a starting point from which you can create your own plan. We will review each section of a typical BIM execution plan, and discuss the information that needs to be provided in each section. We will review areas, including level of development, in defining who will be responsible for each part of the model. We will review collaboration procedures, including software to be used, the file naming to be used for model submittals, and even define the coordination process.
You will discover that these are living, breathing documents which means they are designed to be revised, reviewed, and revised again for keeping projects coordinated in the process of building design and construction. So, join me as we explore the concepts and process of developing your own BIM execution plan.
- Understanding the need for a BIM Execution Plan (BEP)
- Documenting the basic project information
- Specifying project milestones
- Identifying BIM goals and uses
- Determining how BIM will be used in design documentation
- Designing the BIM execution process
- Defining the LOD in the BIM Execution Plan
- Determining the information that needs to be in the model
- Collaboration procedures
- Defining the software to be used