In this video, Chante' Bright details the many ways to control the wall partition constraints that are common in an interior office project.
- [Instructor] When putting partitions…into an existing space, there's usually one of four options…that you have when it comes to interior partitions…in the office.…You may either have a partition…that's just a divider and it may not…even go up to the bottom of the ceiling,…hence putting in a level line that maybe says,…top of partitions, and they're used for maybe cubicals…and different things like that.…Or you may have a wall that just goes up to the bottom…of the ceiling, there was an existing ceiling…that was in place and this wall's just going to get…placed in underneath that to keep from tearing…out the ceiling itself.…
Or you may have a wall that is actually…more of a division between two spaces…and you also have to take sound and hue considerations,…so it'll be a wall that's not necessarily going to…the bottom of the ceiling but it actually will be going…where the ceiling height is and then adding six inches…to that, so that the ceiling is actually lower…and each space has their own ceiling.…Or your last option is probably going to be a demising wall,…
- Setting up your project
- Creating views
- Modeling walls
- Using and modifying storefronts
- Creating wall legends with components
- Modeling ceilings
- Adding doors and openings
- Adding details such as millwork and floors
- Creating custom schedules
Skill Level Intermediate
Architectural Photography: Interiorswith Richard Klein58m 20s Intermediate
Revit and Dynamo for Interior Designwith William Carney4h 57m Intermediate
Initial steps1m 28s
1. Workspace Setup
2. Modeling Walls
3. Wall Legends
4. Modeling Ceilings
5. Finishing the Space
6. Final Thoughts
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.