Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Wall joins, part of Revit Architecture 2014 Essential Training.
so, a two bedroom condominium floor plan has come along quiet nicely, and we are…almost done, but we have small finishing touches to complete.…I am in a file here called wall joints. And if you recall, when we are laying out…the interpretations, we ended up with some undesirable conditions over here and over here.…I'm going to use my zoom in region and zoom in on this location, and you may…recall that we have these really sharp corners here with the walls come together.…In addition to that, if I zoom in even closer over in his location, you will see…that I've got this masonry wall here and here with the cross hatching inside, and…it's joining one way over here with the neighboring wall and a different way over here.…
Now, when I look at this, I would really rather have the masonry pass all the way…through here and have it interrupt this wall here.…So, I want this wall to pass through this wall.…Now, we can actually control that with a command called Edit Wall Joints.…So, if you go to your Modify tab and on the Geometry panel, you'll find the Wall…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- What is BIM?
- Understanding Revit element hierarchy
- Navigating views
- Creating a new project from a template
- Refining a layout with temporary dimensions
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding plumbing fixtures and other components
- Linking AutoCAD DWG files
- Rotating and aligning Revit links
- Working with footprint and extrusion roofs
- Adding openings
- Adding railings and extensions to stairs
- Creating stacked and curtain walls
- Hiding and isolating objects
- Adding rooms
- Creating schedule views and tags
- Adding text and dimensions
- Creating new families
- Plotting and creating a PDF
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Is this course valid for all of the Revit architecture products? Are there any movies in this course that do not work in Revit LT?
A: This course is designed to work for anybody learning any of the Revit architecture products, including Autodesk Revit (available as part of the "Autodesk Building Design Suite"product), Autodesk Revit Architecture, and Autodesk Revit LT.
However, some individual movies in the course are not valid in Revit LT, due to the limited feature set of that application. Those movies are:
Chapter 3 - Accessing multi-user worksharing projects
Chapter 5 - Establishing shared coordinates
Chapter 6 - Using the shape editing tools to create a flat roof
Chapter 7 - Working with stairs
Revit Architecture: Advanced Modelingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 16m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 40m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
8. Complex Walls
9. Visibility and Graphic Controls
11. Schedules and Tags
12. Annotation and Details
13. The Basics of Families
14. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.