Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Visibility states, part of Revit: Architectural Families.
- [Voiceover] What I'd like to do here…is turn a few things on or off.…One thing I'm gonna do is put two shelves in there…and decide if we want a seam or not.…In a second, I want to see…if we can make this an open cabinet.…Both will be using Yes No parameters.…To get started, I'm going to jump…into my wall cabinet visibility model.…Next thing I'm going to do is, under Elevations,…I'm going to go to my Left Elevation.…I'm going to right-click on this Reference Plane…and I'm going to Create Similar.…On my Draw Panel, I'm going to go ahead…and click on my Pick Lines button.…I'm going to offset eight inches.…
I'm going to offset a Reference Plane down…and a Reference Plane up.…I'm going to hit Escape.…Now, on my Measure tab, I'm going to go ahead…and click on Aligned Dimension.…I'm going to go from here to here to here…all the way down to here.…I'm going to pick a point over to here.…Now, I'm going to click on EQ,…and I'm going to equally constrain these guys.…Now what I'm going to do, is I'm going to slide…this Reference Plane, and I'm going to click to name it,…
Author Eric Wing shows how to model families that help you build exactly what you need for your drawings. Eric investigates profiles such as chair rails, baseboards, doors, cabinets, and shelving, as well as adaptive components. Along the way, he introduces the reference planes, parameters, and formulas necessary to build architectural families on your own.
NOTE: The exercise files included in this course are compatible with Revit 2017 only. We will add 2016-compatible files soon.
- Working with family parameters
- Creating a standard cover
- Creating chair rails, baseboards, and crown moulding profiles
- Working with in-place families
- Creating doors and hardware
- Creating wall cabinets
- Creating interior shelving
- Linking family parameters
- Creating parametric arrays
- Creating massing
- Building adaptive components
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Revit Architecture: Advanced Modelingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 16m Intermediate
3. Wall Cabinets
4. Interior Shelving
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.