So our two bedroom condominium floor plan has come along quite nicely and we're…almost done but we have some small finishing touches to complete.…I'm in a file here called Wall Joins, and if you recall when we were laying…out the interior partitions, we ended up with some undesirable conditions over…here and over here.…I'm going to use my zoom in region and zoom in on this location, and you…may recall that we had these really sharp corners here where the walls come together.…In addition to that, if I zoom in even closer over in this location, you'll…see that I've got this masonry wall here and here with the crosshatching…inside, and it's joining one way over here with the neighboring wall and a…different way over here.…
Now when I look at this, I would really rather have the masonry pass all the way…through here and have it interrupt this wall here.…So I want this wall to pass through this wall.…Now we can actually control that with a command called Edit Wall Joins.…So if you go to your Modify tab, and on the Geometry panel, you'll find the Wall…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.