Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the truss template, part of Revit: Structural Families.
- Traditional Trusses come with a template.…While there are a couple Truss Templates available in Revit,…really only one does anything special.…Of course, that's the one we're going to use for this video.…To create a Truss with the parameters we need,…we'll start using this Structural Truss Template.…We'll then add a radial top and bottom…and test it in a project.…So under Families, let's go to New.…I want to scroll down till we find Structural Trusses.…Now, we're going to deal with a Top Chord,…a Web, and a Bottom Chord.…
First thing I'm going to do is I'm going to stretch…my dimensions up a little bit so they're out of the way.…I'm going to go to Create,…and I want to Create my Top Chord first.…So, I'm going to click on Top Chord.…Now, I want to click on the Start-End-Radius Arc button.…I'm going to click on this intersection.…I'm going to go to this intersection,…and I'm going to bring it up to about here.…Now, what I'm going to do is…this dimension, I'm going to click on this icon right here,…and I want to make that temporary dimension permanent.…
Following an overview of the basics, Eric provides specific instructions on modeling different types of families: foundation, framing, annotation, and truss families. He'll show how to perform 3D extrusions and build in flexibility with parameters, as well as create formulas, array parameters, and lookup tables.
- Understanding parameters and reference planes
- Creating extrusions and sweeps
- Cutting voids
- Building stepped-footing and other foundation families
- Creating columns
- Adding framing
- Working with metals
- Creating tags and annotations
- Printing sheets
- Creating trusses
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
1. Basic Families
2. Foundation Families
3. Framing and Metals
4. Detailing and Annotations
5. Sheets and Printing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.