Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the shape editing tools to create a flat roof, part of Revit Architecture 2013 Essential Training.
Roofs come in all sorts of shapes and varieties, but many buildings have simple flat roofs.…So in this movie I'd like to look at some of the techniques we can use to…create a simple flat roof.…Now even a flat roof has some sort of sloping, it's not completely flat.…In an early schematic design you can get away with just doing a flat slab…without any slope and it will be representational enough, but at some point in…the design you're probably going to want to start modeling the actual slope so…that you get a more accurate representation of what's really going to be there.…So I'm in a file called Flat Roof and I want to look specifically at the shape…editing tools that are available on roof slabs that will allow us to sculpt the…drainage sloping for a flat roof.…
There are kind of a lot of pieces that need to fit together correctly in…order for this technique to work, so let's sort of try and walk through this systematically.…If I select this roof right here, okay, this is just a pretty typical flat…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.