Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the shape editing tools to create a flat roof, part of Revit Architecture 2014 Essential Training.
Roofs come in all sorts of shapes and varieties, but many buildings have simple…flat roofs. So in this movie I'd like to look at some…of the techniques we can use to create a simple flat roof.…Now, even a flat roof has some sort of sloping, it's not completely flat.…In an early schematic design, you can get away with just doing a flat slab without…any slope, and it will be representational enough.…But at some point in the design, you're probably going to want to start modeling…the actual slope, so that you get a more accurate representation of what's really…going to be there. So I'm in a file called Flat Roof, and I…want to look specifically at the shape editing tools that are available on roof slabs.…
That will allow us to sculpt the drainage sloping for a flat roof.…There's kind of a lot of pieces that need to fit together correctly in order for…this technique to work, so let's sort of try and walk through this systematically.…If I select this roof right here, okay this is just a pretty typical flat roof.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- What is BIM?
- Understanding Revit element hierarchy
- Navigating views
- Creating a new project from a template
- Refining a layout with temporary dimensions
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding plumbing fixtures and other components
- Linking AutoCAD DWG files
- Rotating and aligning Revit links
- Working with footprint and extrusion roofs
- Adding openings
- Adding railings and extensions to stairs
- Creating stacked and curtain walls
- Hiding and isolating objects
- Adding rooms
- Creating schedule views and tags
- Adding text and dimensions
- Creating new families
- Plotting and creating a PDF
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Is this course valid for all of the Revit architecture products? Are there any movies in this course that do not work in Revit LT?
A: This course is designed to work for anybody learning any of the Revit architecture products, including Autodesk Revit (available as part of the "Autodesk Building Design Suite"product), Autodesk Revit Architecture, and Autodesk Revit LT.
However, some individual movies in the course are not valid in Revit LT, due to the limited feature set of that application. Those movies are:
Chapter 3 - Accessing multi-user worksharing projects
Chapter 5 - Establishing shared coordinates
Chapter 6 - Using the shape editing tools to create a flat roof
Chapter 7 - Working with stairs
Revit Architecture: Advanced Modelingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 16m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 40m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
8. Complex Walls
9. Visibility and Graphic Controls
11. Schedules and Tags
12. Annotation and Details
13. The Basics of Families
14. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.