Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Using phasing, part of Revit 2017: Essential Training for MEP (Metric).
- [Voiceover] Lets talk about phasing.…Now, I don't wanna confuse this…with construction sequencing.…To me, phasing in Revit is what was there…before we got there,…what's going in new, and what's getting demolished.…So I think there should be three phases…in all Revit projects.…Some firms don't do it that way.…My firm does.…So, what I want to do is I'm gonna jump into Revit,…grab my Mechanical Project-12 (Complete).…The first thing I wanna do is configure some phases,…so, I want to go to the Manage tab.…
Now I'm gonna come down here to Phases.…Now, as it stands, we only have two phases.…So, I'm going to click on Insert, After.…I'm gonna rename Phase 1 to Demolition,…I'm gonna click apply,…and I'm gonna click OK.…Now, I'm gonna double click on Level 1, Callout 1,…and I'm gonna open it up.…I'm gonna right click on Level 1, Callout 1,…and I'm gonna rename it.…I'm just gonna call it Level 1, Mechanical Plan.…
I'm gonna click OK.…Now, what I'm gonna do is I'm gonna right click…on Level 1 Mechanical Plan,…I'm gonna duplicate the view,…
- Fire protection
- General MEP workflows and trade coordination
You can dive into a specific trade, or take the entire course to learn about all aspects of the vast Revit MEP ecosystem. Upon completion, you'll know how to create basic floor plans, design electric circuits and lighting systems, model air intake and exhaust systems, create plumbing plans, and design fire alarm and sprinkler systems, and document your designs for construction and fabrication.
- Touring the Revit interface
- Linking to other models
- Creating floor plans
- Adding electrical panels, circuits, lighting, switches, conduit, and cables
- Creating a mechanical project
- Adding air terminals and ducting
- Sizing and tagging ducts
- Creating a plumbing view
- Adding supply piping and sanitary piping
- Creating fire protection fire alarm systems
- Adding sprinklers
- Importing CAD models in Revit 2017
- Working with text and dimensions
- Modeling fabrication parts
Skill Level Beginner
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin9h 30m Appropriate for all
Fire-Alarm Systems Design with Revitwith Eric Wing1h 22m Intermediate
1. Starting a Revit Project
2. Revit Electrical
3. Revit Mechanical
4. Revit Plumbing
5. Revit Fire Protection
6. Revit Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.