Continuing with the layout of our two bedroom condo unit,…there's lots of approaches we can take to the layout of the walls.…In this movie, I'd like to look at commands like Move and Copy, and Offset and…Trim, and these are staple commands in any CAD or drafting program, and Revit…is no exception. So let's take a look at how some of these tools function here in Revit.…So I'm in a file called Modifying Walls and we're going to click over here on…the Modify tab. The Modify tab contains all of the tools that we're going to…look at here on this Modify panel, and I'm going to start with the…Move command. Move command has a shortcut of MV.…
Now I'm going to let the tooltip load here for a second by pausing my mouse…over it, and what you'll notice is that a small animation starts to run after a few seconds.…So all of the commands on this tool palette have these little animated…tooltips and they can be really helpful to give you a sense of how these commands function.…So I encourage you to just take a few moments and pause over each of those and…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.