Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Cert Prep: Revit Architecture Certified Professional.
- [Instructor] As I've previously mentioned the Certiport exam for Revit Architecture Certified Professional and Certified User is non-version specific. But what we've done for you, with regard to the exercise files when you're using this particular course is that all of the Revit exercise files, the .rvt files are saved all the way back to Revit 2014 file format. Now the reason for that is because Revit is not backwards compatible.
So for example, I'm using Revit 2018.1 to create these videos for you. If I saved the files that I'm using at Revit 2018.1 version, if you're using Revit 2014, you would not be able to read those .rvt files. So what we've done is we've saved them all back to Revit 2014 version, so that anybody from Revit 2014 all the way up to Revit 2018 can read the exercise files. Now if you look at the top of the screen there, you can see I've got the RevitSampleProject.rvt file open.
I will lead you as to which exercise file you need, which .rvt file you need, when you're working with each particular video. You can download those from the website as exercise files for this particular course. You can then store them locally on your computer or your laptop to use as you follow along with the videos. But just be aware that there will be a little upgrade box that pops up if you're using a later version of Revit than Revit 2014. It will upgrade the .rvt file automatically.
As soon as you save that file, it will save to your particular version of Revit. So for example, if you opened up one of the exercise files it does it's little upgrade thing, and you're using Revit 2016 and you save it, it will then become a Revit 2016 .rvt file. Just be aware of that one when you're using the exercise files for this course.
Note: The exam objectives are not release specific, but the course has been revised to reflect the most recent version of the software, Revit Architecture 2018.
- What is Autodesk certification?
- Importing DWG and image files
- Using worksharing and worksharing visualization
- Creating and modifying fill regions
- Placing details
- Tagging elements
- Working with family types and parameters
- Modeling different architectural elements
- Creating views
- Organizing and sorting items in a schedule