Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Cert Prep: Revit Architecture Certified Professional.
- [Lecturer] All of the exercise files that you need for this Revit Architecture Professional Certification Prep Course are available on the lynda.com website when you sign in using your log in and download the files. Most of the Revit files that you use will be Revit project files, or RVT files. And you can download those accordingly to follow along with the videos as you work through this particular course. So, for example, I might tell you to go an open up a file. So, I'll click here on the Application menu, and there's the Open option there, and I would open up a Revit project, or possibly a Revit family.
And as you can see there, it opens any Revit file type, as well. I can do that as well, if I want to. So, that's the Application Menu route. I can also open up files I've used previously on this front screen. So, notice, this is the Recent Files screen, it kicks in when you first start Revit, and any files that you've opened previously, there's a little hyperlink to each one. So, you can see, I can go to them like that. So, if I go to the Sample Architecture Project, if I click on it like so, click on the link, it'll actually load that particular Revit project up, that RVT file.
Takes a few seconds to load up, and there's our Revit screen ready to go, and you can see the name of the file there is at the top of the screen. We've got our Properties palate there, and our Project browser there. Now, obviously, my screen is quite squished up because of the resolution that I use when I'm recording the videos for you for lynda.com. So, my screen will look slightly different to yours when we open up these exercise files as we work through the videos. So, make sure you've got your exercise files ready for your Revit Architecture Professional Certification Prep Course, and let's go.
Let's get you ready for your Revit Architecture examinations.
Once you're finished with this course, you can feel confident taking the Revit Architecture 2015 Certified Professional exam.
- What is Autodesk certification?
- Importing DWG and image files
- Creating and modifying fill regions
- Changing elements
- Working with family types and parameters
- Modeling different architectural elements
- Controlling visibility
- Creating duplicated views
- Organizing and sorting items in a schedule