Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Revit 2017 Essential Training: MEP (Metric).
- [Voiceover] If you're a premium member of Lynda.com, you have access to the exercise files used throughout this course. Most movies in this course have a project file that you can open up to to follow along. These are organized by chapters, and each file is numbered so that you can grab a fresh model or just jump to a video of interest with no previous commitment. If you're a monthly member or annual member of Lynda.com, you don't have access to the exercise files. However, you can download the complementary architectural and structural drawing file, free of use, or you can follow along from scratch with your own assets, or even live projects you might be in the middle of.
Either way you like to learn, let's get started.
- Fire protection
- General MEP workflows and trade coordination
You can dive into a specific trade, or take the entire course to learn about all aspects of the vast Revit MEP ecosystem. Upon completion, you'll know how to create basic floor plans, design electric circuits and lighting systems, model air intake and exhaust systems, create plumbing plans, and design fire alarm and sprinkler systems, and document your designs for construction and fabrication.
- Touring the Revit interface
- Linking to other models
- Creating floor plans
- Adding electrical panels, circuits, lighting, switches, conduit, and cables
- Creating a mechanical project
- Adding air terminals and ducting
- Sizing and tagging ducts
- Creating a plumbing view
- Adding supply piping and sanitary piping
- Creating fire protection fire alarm systems
- Adding sprinklers
- Importing CAD models in Revit 2017
- Working with text and dimensions
- Modeling fabrication parts
Skill Level Beginner
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin29h 7m Intermediate
1. Starting a Revit Project
2. Revit Electrical
3. Revit Mechanical
4. Revit Plumbing
5. Revit Fire Protection
6. Revit Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.