So I am going to add a little bit more smarts to some of the dimensions here in my files.…So Revit offers us a few different kinds of constraints that we can work with…and I'd like to show you a few of those here.…So I'm in a file called Constraints and this is just a version of our two…bedroom condo, and I'm going to start in this area down here, just zoom in a…Region on this closet here.…And you can see two small problems, one is that I don't have a whole lot of room…for the doorway right there, so I might want to reduce the size of this closet…slightly, and two, this door in the closet is not centered.…
Now perhaps I am going to consider a few different positions for this door, so…what I can do is build a relationship between the door and the closet.…And it's going to start with a permanent dimension.…Now up until now we've done everything with temporary dimensions, but up here on…my Quick Access Toolbar is the Aligned Dimension tool, the shortcut is D I.…Permanent Dimensions are just as their name implies they remain a permanent part…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.