Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Using arrays to duplicate objects parametrically, part of Revit Architecture 2013 Essential Training.
In this movie I'd like to look at the Array feature. …The Array feature is a powerful Copy command. What makes it special is it's actually a …parametric array. …Now what we mean by parametric, typically, is anything where the original parameters that …were used to create the object remain available for us to manipulate in the future. And so …if we have a parametric array, then what we're saying is all the parameters we establish …in the array, the multiple copy basically, those parameters will remain available and …we'll be able to adjust them afterwards, if the design dictates.…
So in this case I'm going to use the array feature here in this file called Array, and …I'm working on my stair detail, and I'm going to array this item right here. …This is a detail component item that represents a single stair tread. And I actually have three …treads here, so I want to create an array of those. …So I've got it selected. …I'll click the Array button. And let's kind of look at the options that we have here on the Options bar. …
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.