Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Properties palette, part of Revit Architecture 2013 Essential Training.
In this movie, we'll look at the Properties palette.…Properties are always available for any element that you create or select in a Revit project.…Properties are very context-sensitive so depending on what you're doing, you are…going to see very different things on the Properties palette.…So I'd like to look at a few different scenarios with you here.…In a file called Condo Unit, and it's included with the exercise files, but you…could follow along in any Revit project, there are two contexts under which…you'll see the Properties palette.…One is when you're creating objects and another is when you select something…that already exists.…So for example, if I came up here to the Architecture tab and click on the Wall…tool, what you'll see is in addition to all the context sensitive stuff that we…covered in the previous movie about the ribbon tab and the Options bar, if we…look over here on the Properties palette, you will see various properties that…are specific to the wall that I'm about to create.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.