Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Project Browser, part of Revit Architecture 2013 Essential Training.
Your Revit project is a complete virtual building model that can be viewed,…edited, and explored 3-dimensionally, 2- dimensionally and in various reports and tabular lists.…Each such representation of your project is referred to in Revit as a view.…Views are listed and accessed in the Project Browser.…This functions like a table of contents for your project in much the same way as…a table of contents for a book tells you what the book contains, the Project…Browser will tell you what views are contained in your project.…And you'll use it to navigate to those various views.…
So I'm in a file here called Condo, if you would like to follow along, and we want to…look over here at the Project Browser. The Project Browser palette is typically…located over on the left-hand corner of the screen, now it can be moved or…relocated, it can even be closed, but I certainly don't recommend doing that.…Let's start by what could happen if the Project Browser, or in fact the…Properties palette that we talked about in the previous movie, what happens if…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.