Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Linework tool, part of Revit Architecture 2013 Essential Training.
So far in this chapter we have seen global object-style settings and view-specific overrides …at both the category and the object level. …Sometimes none of these methods is sufficient to get just the right graphical treatment for a drawing. …In such situations, we have the Linework tool, our last line of defense if you will. …With this tool, we can actually modify the individual edges that make up an element, and …vary them as required. …For example, we could make one side of a wall bolder or we could change a roof overhang …to a dashed line in certain areas of the plan. …The Linework tool can be just what you need to add the finishing touch to your work, but …again, please remember to use it sparingly.…
So I'm in a file here called Linework, and I'm going to zoom in on the double volume …space over here where we have our lobby down below. …This is the second floor plan, the Level 2 Floor Plan. …Right here I have a floor object that provides a balcony, and then there's a railing right here. …
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.