Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Certiport Portal, part of Cert Prep: Revit Architecture Certified Professional (2016).
- [Instructor] When you're about to take your Revit Architecture Certified Professional/ Certified User Exam, you need to use the Certiport web portal, and you can see it there in my browser at the moment. You can see it says there www.certiport.com This is the page you go to when you go to certiport.com, and what you need to do is get yourself registered first of all, so you click on the Register button here, like so, and this will take you through the registration so that you become a Certiport user. Now, I'm not gonna take you through all of the account setup, because I already have a specific Certiport account because I'm a proctor, and a proctor supervises the exams that you take, but I'll take you through the first bit here.
I'll just scroll down a little bit now, and all I've gotta do now is hit the Next button there like so, and that'll take me through, and the rest of this information is fairly self-explanatory, so first name, middle name, last name. That's the name that you want to go on your certificate once you've passed your exam, so be aware that it all needs to be spelled correctly, and obviously, set out correctly there. Your date of birth, obviously, your username that you want to use, and your password and confirm your password. You then go through your personal information, setup your profile, and choose a purpose, so your purpose would be either your Certified Professional Exam or your Certified User Exam.
You then finish off the summary, on the Summary page you hit the Finish button, and you are then a Certiport user, you're then registered. So I'll just go back a page now, and that'll take me back to the Certiport main webpage. Once you've got that set up, you then go to Login here, like so, and what it'll take you to now is a regular login page, I'll put my username in here, which is shauncbryant there, and I'll put my password in as well. You'll notice my Kaspersky kick in, my antivirus software, telling me that my password is safe, and when I hit Login there, that'll log me in like so.
Now you'll notice I go in as a proctor, so I'm a proctor who supervises these exams. So basically, I don't go in as what they call a test candidate. You would go here and select Test Candidate, and it would take you to a different page that you would use when you're logged in as a Certiport user. So you'd go to Test Candidate, pick the exam you're gonna take, hit the Start button, obviously after reading all the instructions, and you're off, you're taking your Certified Professional Exam or your Certified User Exam. And obviously, in this case, that would be Revit Architecture.
Now be aware there are different flavors of the Revit Architecture Exam. You've got imperial, and you've got metric. Make sure you pick the right one. That could be somewhat chaotic in an exam environment if you don't have the right units. So once you're logged in, you can take your exam, and now you've put all the data in, like your name, and your address, and your email address, you'll then get the appropriate certificates once you pass. So you'll get your Certified Professional Certificate, or your Certified User Certificate. You'll also get a badge that you can download, and that can go on things like your email signature as well.
So, once you've done all of that, taken your exam, you're done. And that's how you use the Certiport portal to take your Professional or User Exams when you're working with Revit Architecture.
Once you're finished with this course, you can feel confident taking the Revit Architecture 2015 Certified Professional exam.
- What is Autodesk certification?
- Importing DWG and image files
- Creating and modifying fill regions
- Changing elements
- Working with family types and parameters
- Modeling different architectural elements
- Controlling visibility
- Creating duplicated views
- Organizing and sorting items in a schedule