Revit ships with a fairly substantial library of family components that you…can access quickly and easily through the Load Family tool that we saw in the previous movie.…However, even with this resource, you will quickly find that there are items…lacking from the out-of-the-box offerings.…You could of course build these items yourself and we have a chapter devoted to…the Family Editor later in the course.…There are many web sites available that offer Revit content as well.…And so in this movie, what I'd like to do is look at the web site that's…actually hosted by Autodesk and it's called Autodesk Seek.…And in fact, it's actually built right here into the product, so it's very easy to get to.…
So you can see here I'm in a file called Using Seek, and it's a version of the…file we were working on in the last movie, and I've just added one or two…additional components;…a few countertops and a hot water heater.…I'm going to go to the Insert tab, and over here on the right-hand side is…the Autodesk Seek panel, and the way this works is you simply click in this…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.