File sharing is a big deal in Revit. Without it, only one person can work in a model at a time. What fun is that? This video will illustrate how to set up work sharing. You will create a central model and learn how a local model is created. Lastly you will learn how to create worksets and assign objects to those worksets.
- [Instructor] One of the main reasons we're using Revit…is because multiple users can work on the same model.…That being said, this is certainly gonna be on the exam.…What I'd like to do in this video is create a new project.…We're gonna turn on our work sharing…and create some Worksets,…then we're gonna see exactly how these Worksets work.…Under Project let's go New,…and I'm gonna use my Mechanical Template…and I'm gonna click OK.…Now I'm gonna go to Insert,…and I'm gonna go to Link Revit.…I'm gonna grab Architectural,…make sure it's Auto Origin to Origin,…which is the default,…and I'm gonna click Open.…
I always pin it,…even though it doesn't matter for this video,…it's just a good happen.…Hit skip a couple times,…Insert, let's Link Revit,…let's grab our Structural model,…Origin to Origin, let's click Open.…We know, click Close.…Let's go to a 3D view.…Zoom in on where you can find some structure,…select it, pin it.…OK, let's turn on work sharing now.…
If we go to the Collaborate tab…what we need to do is click on…
- Importing AutoCAD files into Revit
- Linking Revit modeling
- Creating floor plans
- Using worksets
- Creating sheets
- Creating new family types
- Adding and modifying ducts, fixtures, piping, plumbing, and more
- Creating plumbing and HVAC plans
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/01/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: collaboration, documentation, elements, modeling, and views.
Apply view templates4m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.