I'm so used to using temporary dimensions in Revit that I forget other programs such as AutoSAD doesn't have them. This video will illustrate how to make model adjustments by selecting objects and altering the temporary dimensions. We will look at how to make temporary dimensions permanent as wekk as their settings.
- [Voiceover] Let's take a second…to talk about temporary dimensions.…This functionality is unique to Revit,…whereas you can put an item into your model…without really knowing the dimension.…You can select that item after you put it in,…and Revit will display temporary dimensions…that are editable, meaning, if I put a wall in,…I'm not sure what the dimension is,…I select the wall, I edit my temporary dimension,…and it will move the wall into…that spot that I want it to be in.…So let's practice that.…Under projects, let's click Open.…Browse to your Chapter 3…and grab Annotations and click Open.…
The first thing I'd like to do is go down…to my Top Off Footing plan.…What I'm going to do is I'm going to select…one of these items, like this pier here.…The second I select it, I see a temporary dimension show up.…If I select this dot, I can actually move…my temporary dimension over to another spot if I'd like.…I can move it in, maybe to the center line of that wall.…I like where my temporary dimension is at,…so what you can do with temporary dimensions is,…
Once you're finished with this course, you can feel confident taking the Revit Structure 2015 Certified Professional exam.
- Creating and modifying levels
- Importing AutoCAD files
- Linking models
- Modeling columns, walls, floors, beam systems, roofs, stairs, and ramps
- Adding and editing text annotations
- Using dimensions
- Creating schedules and standard sheets
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/01/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: collaboration, modeling, and documentation.
Revit 2017 Essential Training: Architecture (Metric)with Paul F. Aubin11h 55m Appropriate for all
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.