Drafting? yeah, you can call it that since these components aren't 3D. But they do have teh same amount of information and flexibility as their 3D bretheren. This video will have us cutting a section, thern creating a callout, then slapping in an angled connection. We will use a break line component as well.
- [Voiceover] Just because we are about to do something…in 2D, that doesn't mean it's not dynamic and adaptive.…What I wanna do is cut some sections…We're gonna create some callouts.…We're gonna zoom right in and we're gonna put some actual…2D clip angles called detail components…onto our beams.…Under projects, let's go open.…Let's go to detail components and let's click open.…Let's go down to level two.…
Now we've already cut a couple sections.…So what I wanna do is I wanna go to this section here…and I wanna double-click on it and open it up.…Now notice we have a long section here…I wanna select this section…I wanna keep it there…I wanna put a gap in segment.…We can gap that out just like we can do…with our grids and plan.…Now what I'd like to do is come into here…I'm gonna do a callout right at this column.…So, I'm gonna go to view…I'm gonna go to callout…and I'm gonna pick a window right around here.…
I'm gonna suck my callout bubble…and I'm gonna go around like this…But I'm not sure I like the line weight of that.…
Once you're finished with this course, you can feel confident taking the Revit Structure 2015 Certified Professional exam.
- Creating and modifying levels
- Importing AutoCAD files
- Linking models
- Modeling columns, walls, floors, beam systems, roofs, stairs, and ramps
- Adding and editing text annotations
- Using dimensions
- Creating schedules and standard sheets
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/01/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: collaboration, modeling, and documentation.
Revit 2017 Essential Training: Architecture (Metric)with Paul F. Aubin11h 55m Appropriate for all
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.