Orthographic views in Revit are generated from the 3D model using a variety of rules …derived from conventional architectural drafting. …When it comes to plan views, architectural drafting convention treats a plan as basically …a horizontal section, cutting the building at a predetermined height above the floor …and looking down into the model. …Naturally, there are many other rules and abstractions applied to the graphics to achieve …an acceptable floor plan; …however, the concept of the cut plan is used quite literally in Revit. …In this movie we're going to look at the View Range feature, which incorporates the cut plane …and a few other settings. And I'm in a file here called View Range in order for us to do that.…
So I'm looking at the Level 1 Floor Plan view, and it has all of the default View Range settings applied to it. …Now let's start with where we can find the View Range settings. …So if you look at your Properties palette and make sure it says Floor Plan over here …and scroll down, and under the Extents grouping, you will find the View Range with an Edit …
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.