Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding tags, part of Revit Architecture 2013 Essential Training.
Tags are very common in architectural drawings. …We typically add tags to rooms and doors and windows and walls and many other items. …Tags often reference a designation on the schedule or in a detail where we can find …out more information about the item in question. …In Revit, the element, the tag, and the schedule are all linked together. …The tag basically asks a question of the object to which it's attached and reports the result …in the symbol onscreen. …The same designation is often included in a field on the schedule so that a cross reference can be made. …So I am in a file called Adding Tags, and I want to look at a few different examples of …placing tags here in our file.…
So over here on the Annotate tab, I am going to go to the Tag panel here, and we are going …to start with the Tag by Category command. …The shortcut for this is T, G, and you can also find the tool up here on the Quick Access toolbar. …Now, if I just slowly move my mouse around the screen what you are going to see is little …
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.