As we saw when adding rooms, rooms require boundaries in order to give us square footage …and perimeter information. …Without the boundaries the room we will report is unbounded. …Many elements in Revit can be Room Bounding by default. …This includes walls and floors and ceilings and columns. …However, where appropriate, and if our design calls for it, we can actually turn off the …Room Bounding feature in certain circumstances. …So in this movie, I'd like to discuss the Room Bounding feature in a little bit more …detail, and show you a few scenarios where you might want to manage which objects are room bounding.…
To get us started, I'm here in a file called Room Bounding, and I am in a level 1 floor …plan. And I am going to zoom over on Bedroom Five, and let's highlight and select the room. …Now remember, you just use a little X there in the middle to help you find the room. …Now notice when it highlights it is wrapping around the closet space over in the right-hand side. …If you look at the Properties palette, under Dimensions, you'll see that this is currently 150 square feet. …
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.